Answered

Bitterly, bitterly disappointed

I am so frustrated with this company. The charge controller they sent me is not working. It won't even turn on when hooked to the batteries. I called on Monday 6 July and was on hold for an hour and 3 minutes before I spoke with a human. She created a ticket and sent me over to tech support. After sitting on hold for another 45 minutes I had to hang up as I had an appointment to get to. 

I created a ticket on Renogy's website that evening and did not hear anything for over 24 hours. I called back on Wed, July 8 and spoke with a tech named Aldrin (or Alvin, his email says 2 different names) who told me to take a photo of the unit and send it to him so he could email me a shipping label to send the unit back. I promptly did that and did not hear anything back. 

I called again today, July 9, and spoke with a young lady who told me she would email me a shipping label in the next few minutes, but definitely by noon Pacific time. It is now past 5 pm Pacific time and there is no email. Another email to Aldrin (or Alvin) has gone unanswered.

I paid quite a bit of money for this system and I can't use it as their equipment is not functioning. I can't seem to get customer service to DO THEIR JOB. I'm so disappointed and frustrated and I'm not sure of want to do from here...

Renogy, please help me. 

•  Do a charge back on your credit card............ It's beginning to sound like they are selling old stock or returned items/parts just to fill orders...... That is VERY WRONG..........

• An update: I called again today, July 10, and sat on hold for another 50 min. I spoke with a very polite lady who emailed me the shipping label while I was on the phone. I sent off the defective controller about 45 min later. 

For those keeping score I have spent over 4 hours on the phone/hold to get them to send me a shipping slip to send them their defective product so they can send me a (hopefully) working controller. I will say this: each person I have spoken with has been polite, however they have not been responsive to my emails, and have not done what they said they were going to do, ie, send me a shipping slip. It took me following up to get them to do their job.

Frustrating. 

• wow, 3 or 4 people to email you an return, that is an inexcusable way to run a business. 

• We do apologize for the inconvenience, our company is trying our hardest to handle all of our customers. Please be patient with us and I assure you we will gladly assist you and take care of your needs. We are currently in a transition period and are training are new employees to get up to speed as quickly as possible.

Thank you

• Another update: Renogy received my defective charge controller last Thursday. I still have not heard anything back. Today is Tuesday, 21 July 2020. I checked my account online and it shows I have not made any returns, which is NOT correct. Today I called them, sat on hold for 10 min and then my call was dropped. I called 3 more times and I am not able to get through, my calls keep getting dropped. 

I don't feel it's morally right, but I'm considering taking Tattoo's advice and doing a charge back on my credit card. I'm at the end of my patience and I don't know what else to do. This company is non responsive. 

• Shoot, I have been waiting for over a week for a response regarding what I believe (and what the tech assumed) is a defective product.  Sent a video and pictures as instructed but have heard nothing in response.  Now I am stuck with the situation of whether I cancel my upcoming trip as I have no power in my van. 

• Do yourselves a favor and do what I did, put my Renogy controller in a drawer and bought a Victron 75/15 MPPT controller. Night and day difference, the bluetooth works, graphs and all. And it charges much, much better. 

Sorry to all of those who like me wasted their money with this sorry company and their crappy products. The only thing good was the two panels. I can't even recommend the wire, some unknown white metal. 

Sometimes you have to move on, you have been warned. 

• After calling them again and sitting on hold for 2 hours and 48 min I was finally sent a working charge controller. It hooked it up and it seems to work. 

I don't think I'll be doing business with Renogy again. I did not receive an apology for their defective product and I spent over 8 hours on the phone, mostly on hold, trying to get them to do their job. Does anyone have any other recommendations for RV solar equipment?

• I had to call them again and they forwarded me to a tier 2 rep.  He was very helpful and agreed that the equipment likely had a short or something in the solar part of the charge controller.  Had to send the equipment back. Hopefully they will send me a new one soon.  

In the mean time I have no power in my van... My guess is they are in a tough situation.  As everyone has reported the company has done a great job in the past with customer service and is likely going through some hard times.  I am going to stick with them as I think they have good product and are trying to do their best.  

• Yikes. Not the support I’m after. I think I will start looking at my other options.
  • Def don't buy from Renogy. They are impossible.

Login or Signup to post a comment