Answered

How to lock in battery rated amp hour setting

Thread Summary

Posted by hemijoel

Mar 14, 2019 at 8:17am

Hi, I have a renogy Rover 40 controller in my RV, and I monitor it with a bt1 through my Android phone. When I go into settings in the app and change the battery amp hour rating from the default 200 to 350, and then confirm the change, the screen shows that it is set to 350. Next time I open the app it is always back to 200. How do I fix this?
Thanks, Joel

Posted by bupkis

Mar 14, 2019 at 10:47am

I hope admin will deal with your question. Mine question is what does the app use the battery size for, what calculation might be determined by battery size?

Posted by hemijoel

Mar 14, 2019 at 11:31am

Somewhere in the instructions I read that it will limit the maximum charge watts based upon the amp hour capacity of the batteries. So as not to try and force too much electricity into the batteries.

Posted by fjcone

Mar 19, 2019 at 11:14am

I came here today to search for the exact same problem. Hopefully, there is a reply that can help.

Posted by tattoo

Mar 19, 2019 at 12:08pm

fjcone Avatar

Mar 19, 2019 at 11:14am fjcone said:

I came here today to search for the exact same problem. Hopefully, there is a reply that can help.

On my 60a Renogy CC it ask me to save it after the ah is changed....

Posted by Admin

Mar 25, 2019 at 8:29am

hemijoel Avatar

Mar 14, 2019 at 8:17am hemijoel said:

Hi, I have a renogy Rover 40 controller in my RV, and I monitor it with a bt1 through my Android phone. When I go into settings in the app and change the battery amp hour rating from the default 200 to 350, and then confirm the change, the screen shows that it is set to 350. Next time I open the app it is always back to 200. How do I fix this?
Thanks, Joel

I apologize in advance but that is a current development issue that prevents saving of the AH. It will go back to the default setting. This has not been proven to effect performance of the controller.

-Renogy Team

Posted by solman

Aug 13, 2019 at 7:42pm

It doesn't save anything.

On your website: "Renogy BT allows for remote monitoring and parameter changes directly via the app."

Posted by Admin

Aug 14, 2019 at 10:34am

solman Avatar

Aug 13, 2019 at 7:42pm solman said:

On your website: "Renogy BT allows for remote monitoring and parameter changes directly via the app."

The BT-1 App bugs are being reviewed and change will be happening soon. Documentation for the errors and bugs have been collected, with saving of AH settings also being one, and will be addressed in bulk.

-Renogy Team

Posted by mediadogg

Aug 14, 2019 at 1:43pm

Really nice to see support from the the Renogy Team.

Posted by bupkis

Aug 14, 2019 at 5:47pm

I prefer the orange colored version since Renogy has refused to update their blue version.

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.shuori.gf.guangfu&hl=en_AU

it was updated Aug of 2018 while the renogy version was a really old version with the color changed.
The orange version is buggy also!

Posted by solman

Aug 14, 2019 at 5:57pm

Admin Avatar

Aug 14, 2019 at 10:34am Admin said:

solman Avatar

The BT-1 App bugs are being reviewed and change will be happening soon. Documentation for the errors and bugs have been collected, with saving of AH settings also being one, and will be addressed in bulk.

-Renogy Team

So will the ones sold now work as expected with the new app?

Posted by bupkis

Aug 15, 2019 at 4:52am

here's another version of the app.
it's the same app updated for grape solar, the temp is still wrong, connects fast and a read shows ah correct.

play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=srne&hl=en_US

Posted by tj

Feb 3, 2020 at 12:51am

solman Avatar

When will this be fixed???

I just bought a controller and BT module and my 120ah battery is being read as 200ah. This keeps reverting to 200 despite me setting it to 120ah. That in itself is not a massive issue, but the problem is that when I now put a load on the battery, within the 1st minute the ah reading drops to ~68% and only from then on does it slowly decrease.

This is gives a totally wrong representation of the state of the battery

I have photos to illustrate. Just need to figure out how to attach
Thanks
TJ

Posted by tattoo

Feb 3, 2020 at 5:25am

tj Avatar

Feb 3, 2020 at 12:51am tj said:

When will this be fixed???

I just bought a controller and BT module and my 120ah battery is being read as 200ah. This keeps reverting to 200 despite me setting it to 120ah. That in itself is not a massive issue, but the problem is that when I now put a load on the battery, within the 1st minute the ah reading drops to ~68% and only from then on does it slowly decrease.

This is gives a totally wrong representation of the state of the battery

I have photos to illustrate. Just need to figure out how to attach
Thanks
TJ

The state of battery % means NOTHING........ Mine is way wrong ALL of the time........ Don't worry about it if that's your only problem.......

What is your voltage in your battery after one min of load resting? Not with the load still on it........ That's all that matters............

• Detailed Answer above

Login or Signup to post a comment